We are committed to providing you and your family with high-quality care tailored to your individual needs. Our goal at Appalachian Dental Care is to offer life-lasting dentistry in a positive and welcoming atmosphere where you can feel at ease, and we will work one-on-one with you to create treatment plans that can improve your oral health and smile. We offer a full range of services and use the latest technologies as well as an in-house dental lab to ensure your needs are met. Call today to make your appointment with Dr. Steven Airey and learn more about complete dentistry in Boone, North Carolina!
First off, we want to say our top and #1 priority is the overall safety of our staff and patients.
Like many dental offices across the state for the past few months, Appalachian Dental Care has operated under reduced office hours and limited our appointments to dental emergencies only. We were incredibly happy to have been able to provide this service to our patients and to do our part in reducing the strain on local hospitals.
In accordance with the latest statement from Governor Cooper and the NC Dental Board of Examiners, we have decided to resume normal office hours on Monday, May 5, 2020. We are looking forward to once again serving all your dental needs!
Throughout the phased reopening and into the future, we understand patients may have concerns with attending dental appointments when so much is still unknown. We want you to know in our office we have always taken extra precautions treating every patient as if they have a disease for the safety of all. But again, in this time of uncertainty, we are taking extra measures to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. We want you to know we have strict protocols in place to keep our office safe. We are diligently observing and implementing new recommendations from the ADA®, CDC and OSHA every day.
Some of our standard protocols include:
- Washing our hands before and after each patient.
- Thoroughly disinfecting patient rooms with medical-grade cleaner rated to kill bacteria and viruses, such as COVID-19.
- Sterilizing our instruments in an autoclave between each use, as we always have.
- Wearing a surgical mask and gloves during appointments.
- Using high-vacuum suction to reduce aerosols.
- Asking patients who feel unwell to call and reschedule their appointments.
Some new protocols include:
- Asking that only the patient comes back for their appointment to minimize the spread of germs (unless the patient requires assistance).
- Screening for symptoms and taking of patient’s temperature outside of the office to eliminate contact inside the office.
- Continuing social distancing by not having patients wait in the waiting room but their cars and are required to wear a mask unless being worked on in the dental chair and offering texting services.
- We require all patients to wash their hands after entering the office and before being taken to their dental chair.
- When indicated, using face shields and disposable gowns in additions to our normal face mask and gloves.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, we encourage you to call our office today. We also cannot stress enough that if you feel ill or have tested for COVID-19 and waiting on results or have had potential exposure to COVID-19, please do not come to the office. Be smart and respect the safety of our patients and staff!